I earned my technician-class license in Ames, Iowa, in September 2008, and then passed the exam to upgrade my license to general-class in Vinton, Iowa, in September 2010 for HF privileges. I’m active in D-STAR digital voice, APRS, P25, and whatever else I’m interested in on any given day. Prior to to earning my license, I was — and still am — very active in public safety scanning.
My Echolink node number is 414323.
Recent radio and scanning articles and commentary • Archives
- Des Moines Sunday Register: Volunteer storm spotters ‘critical in severe weather’ February 28, 2014
- Happy holidays from NOAA weather radio December 23, 2013
- Decode Project 25, NXDN, and MotoTRBO with a TV tuner, DSD, and UniTrunker for $20 November 18, 2013
- Uniden unveils new scanners BCD536HP and BCD436HP, includes Project 25 Phase II decoding November 16, 2013
- Kids playing with Baofeng two-way radios interfere with emergency calls October 27, 2013
- Failed Kickstarter project: is amateur radio relevant? October 26, 2013
- Radar and laser detector manufacturer Whistler acquires GRE America’s intellectual rights October 21, 2013
- Bruce @KC0ZMT is showing us CHIRP at tonight’s @DMRAA meeting September 24, 2013
- ‘Invitation to the future’: Yaesu introduces System Fusion for C4FM 12.5 kHz digital September 22, 2013
- Two new MotoTRBO repeaters on the air in Humboldt September 5, 2013